I'm Brazilian, I've always loved music and since I was little I buy and I listen to rock.
During the 70's I met a magazine called Pop, which I christened German Pop, since it was of Germanic origin, I did not understand what was written in the great majority, but it was there that I met the groups that I publish here on the blog today. Rock made in Germany is one of my favorites, but my taste is very eclectic.

Sou brasileira, sempre amei música e desde muito pequena compro e ouço rock. Durante os anos 70 conheci uma revista chamada Pop, que batizei de Pop Alemã, uma vez que era de origem germânica, eu não entendia o que estava escrito na sua grande maioria, mas foi ali que conheci os grupos que hoje publico aqui no blog. O rock feito da Alemanha é um dos meus favoritos, mas meu gosto é muito eclético.

quarta-feira, 18 de abril de 2018

Sirius - Running to paradise 1982 (Germany, Symphonic Prog)

Sirius was a German symphonic band that existed in the prog vacuum of the '80s. Led by vocalist and keyboardist Stefan Neubauer, the core membership also included Stefan Papsthorst on keyboards,?Thomas Honninger on drums?and Martin Vogel on guitar and bass. Stefan Barnikel on percussion, and Dieter Urbassik on tenor sax would be added for the second release. 1982's "Running to Paradise, and 1984's "The three Bushes" are the band's only albums.

Obviously, this is keyboard driven music. However, they did add strings and flute to "Running to Paradise." The likely comparisons are to Drangonfly, Flame Dream, and England. Neubauer's piano has been compared to (of all people) Liberace. He also dabbled in some sitar on "The Three Bushes." Both albums are considered worthy contributions to the symphonic prog pantheon.

- Stefan Neubauer / vocals, keyboards
- Stefan Papsthorst / keyboards
- Thomas Honninger / drums
- Martin Vogel / guitar, bass

1. The Sad Shepherd (4:54)
2. The Fiddler of Dooney (4:54)
3. Why Should Not Old Man Be Mad? (5:08)
4. Running to Paradise (7:24)
5. September 1913 (5:51)
6. From Mountain To Mountain (4:40)
7. Cocooning Inside (2:28)
8. The Happy Townland (7:54)

Mediafire

Nenhum comentário: