I'm Brazilian, I've always loved music and since I was little I buy and I listen to rock. During the 70's I met a magazine called Pop, which I christened German Pop, since it was of Germanic origin, I did not understand what was written in the great majority, but it was there that I met the groups that I publish here on the blog today. Rock made in Germany is one of my favorites, but my taste is very eclectic.
Sou brasileira, sempre amei música e desde muito pequena compro e ouço rock. Durante os anos 70 conheci uma revista chamada Pop, que batizei de Pop Alemã, uma vez que era de origem germânica, eu não entendia o que estava escrito na sua grande maioria, mas foi ali que conheci os grupos que hoje publico aqui no blog. O rock feito da Alemanha é um dos meus favoritos, mas meu gosto é muito eclético.
segunda-feira, 16 de abril de 2018
Violet District - Terminal Breath 1992 (Germany, Neo-Prog)
The band soon found out that it would be an advantage to record a CD to be able to expand outside of their local area, and in 1992 their debut album "Terminal Breath" saw the light of day, and was generally well received. Indeed, German label BMG Ariola got interested in the band, but sadly not interested enough to sign the act it turned out.
Various line-up changes combined with the band not being able to expand any further saw to it they eventually disbanded in 1997. Two of the members from the final line-up; Karlheinz Wallner (guitar) and Chris Postl (bass) would later resurface with RPWL a few years later, along with amongst others Jürgen "Yogi" Lang, who was a guest musician and producer on "Terminal Breath".
The other musicians involved with VIOLET DISTRICT were Thomas Falkner (bass), Christian Brenninger (drums) and Mischa Schleypen (vocals, keyboards).
The sound pursued by VIOLET DISTRICT, blending the spacey atmospheres of PINK FLOYD with the modern symphonic leanings of bands like MARILLION, resulted in a sound and style that fits the guidelines for addition to the Neo Progressive genre, and they were added to the database by the team catering for this genre.
- Mischa Schleypen / lead vocals, keyboards
- Karlheinz "Kalle" Wallner / guitars
- Giselher Richter / keyboards
- Chris Postl / bass
- Christian Brenninger / drums
- Jürgen " Yogi" Lang / drum programming, organ, Moog, backing vocals, producer
- Stephan Ebner / bass
- Tim Ciasto / bass - unconfirmed
- Christian Krischkowsky / drums
- Evi Melzer, Petra Felser, Michael Hinreiner, Jürgen Lang, Monika Neuhofer / backing vocals
1. LUSTRELESS FRIGHT :
- i) Fading Previews (0:45)
- ii) Lustreless Fright (5:51)
2. Ego (The Hiddened One) (0:54)
3. Anguishes Of A Scoundrell (5:10) *
4. HOMMAGE TO THE IRRETRIEVABLY LOST:
- i) The Lost (5:01)
- ii) Here and There (1:52)
- iii) Hommage (0:39)
- i) Assurance (1:52)
- ii) Incomplete Tableaux (3:37)
- iii) Reprise (A Certain Sequel) (1:32)
6. Together We Fall (instrumental) (3:46) *
7. Necessary Goodbyes (5:27)
8. Age Theme (1:26)
9. The Age (4:11)
10. DOWN AND AWAY:
- i) Some Reverend Words (4:52)
- ii) ...Just a White Coffin (0:30)
- iii) Down and Away (3:26)
- iv) Terminal Breath (3:32)