I'm Brazilian, I've always loved music and since I was little I buy and I listen to rock.
During the 70's I met a magazine called Pop, which I christened German Pop, since it was of Germanic origin, I did not understand what was written in the great majority, but it was there that I met the groups that I publish here on the blog today. Rock made in Germany is one of my favorites, but my taste is very eclectic.

Sou brasileira, sempre amei música e desde muito pequena compro e ouço rock. Durante os anos 70 conheci uma revista chamada Pop, que batizei de Pop Alemã, uma vez que era de origem germânica, eu não entendia o que estava escrito na sua grande maioria, mas foi ali que conheci os grupos que hoje publico aqui no blog. O rock feito da Alemanha é um dos meus favoritos, mas meu gosto é muito eclético.

quarta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2017

The Knut Kiesewetter Train - STOP! WATCH! AND LISTEN! 1970 (Germany, Krautrock, Beat, Historical)

From what I can find out, Knut is not a Scandinavian singer who went to Stuttgart, Germany, to get in on the hip new psychedelic jazz scene, as reported in some ill-informed jazz articles. Knut (born 13/9/1941, in Stettin) studied music in Hamburg and Lübeck, and debuted as early as 1965 with a German language cover version of the Beatles "Yesterday". He turns out to be both a multi-instrumentalist, and an all-round pop, jazz, m-o-r, etc., singer, songwriter. He has tried out almost every type of popular music genre there is. Most of his albums are sung in the German language
His one-off venture into psychedelic rock 'n' soul, as The Knut Kiesewetter Train, saw him handling English lyrics with considerable aplomb. His backing band comprised of some of the finest talent of the era - for an album that was real groovy man! With snazzy production, all spiced up with the Krauty psychedelic jazz sound, it was comparable in many ways to Soul Caravan.

Whisper Not / Sometimes In Winter / Roll On The Left Side / Work Song / Morning And Evening Blues / Fool On The Hill / I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free / Body And Soul

Knut Kiesewetter (vocals), Dieter Reith (organ), Ack van Rooyen (trumpet, flugelhorn), Leo Wright (alto saxophone, flute), Gerd Dudek (tenor saxophone), Heinz Kitschenberg (guitar), Eberhard Weber (bass), Kenny Clare (drums)